American History Comes to Life in YA Fiction
Yesterday Meets Today – Novels for Young Adult and Middle School Readers
- Look to HITCH for the story of seventeen-year-old Moss Trawnley, who turns to work in the Civilian Conservation Corps, the CCC, as a way out of the poverty and homelessness of the 1930s Great Depression.
- Teens Jarrett, Seth, and Lizbeth fight the history-changing wildfires of 1910 in THE BIG BURN, an award-winning novel that VOYA called “a must-read for adrenalin junkies.”
- The dual tales of Fai-yi-Li, an early-day Chinese immigrant, and Margaret Wynn Chen, a present-day Asian-American journalism student, play out on the pages of PAPER DAUGHTER.
- The stories of Tess, a talented young musician of today, and Frederik, a self-taught violinist from Montana’s homesteading past, come together in MOUNTAIN SOLO.
- In THE WINDOW, accompany Mandy as she finds new ways of understanding the world in the months after she becomes blind.
- In AIRFIELD, meet Beatty, who yearns to fly, and HITCH’S Moss when he was younger, both with with jobs at a small Texas airport in the 1930s.
Real-life Stories, Brave Teens, Good Reading
JEANETTE INGOLD is the author of Christopher and Spur Award-winning books for young adult and middle school readers. Her YA novels have been recommended by teachers and librarians across the United States, featured in One Book – One Community programs, and loved by adult as well as young readers.
The struggles and triumphs of unforgettable characters living through events that really happened invite readers to time travel back to the twentieth century West and to think about how the past has shaped the present.
Whether historical fiction, mystery, or outdoor adventure –or all three—Jeanette’s realistic novels feature strong teens, both boys and girls, who meet challenges with courage and determination. They inspire young people to look into themselves for their own capabilities and strengths.
Join Jeanette on Goodreads
Buy Jeanette’s Books From Your Favorite Retailer
- Apple iTunes iBooks
- Audible Audiobooks
- Barnes & Noble
- IndieBound Independent Local Bookstores
- Kindle Store
- NOOK Books